Monday, April 10, 2006

Dendrobium Hoshimusume

Den. Hoshimusume
Dendrobium Hoshimusume = Den. Oriental Paradise x Den. Otohime.
Registered by Yamamoto in 1/1/1977 according to records in RHS.

I bought this plant 3 years ago and never put much hope that it will re-flower as it is of the cool growing nobile type dendrobium. For the past 3 years it just grow leaves and keikis. I was very surprised when I found 3 buds and yesterday they bloomed. Though it was just 1 plant with 3 flowers, it has given me hope that perhaps if I did the right thing more there will be more flowers.

So, I went to do some research and found that it likes bright lights and should be given a dry spell during "winter". The book also advise to water and fertilize freely during active growing phase. This is very similar to the Den. anosmum! So, other that temperature, I could supply the other conditions if I grow them like the anosmum. Well, if this can flower, I shall re-arrange the plants and shall hope to see more flowers next season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home