Sunday, October 23, 2005

Confidor

Bought Confidor yesterday. 500ml at S$110. Dosage according to it's label says 2.5ml per 10l of water. It's also labeled for various crops and according to the shop, it's less toxic. He do not need to record my particulars for the purchase of Confidor. He would have to take down my particulars if I buy Dimethoate according to regulations. No wonder I can't find it on the shelves of nurseries recently. There goes a cheap systemic insecticide; but I guess it's for the better the environment and users. Well, let's see if Confidor will be just as effective. Used it today and do not seem to detect any odor which is good but it's tricky to measure 2,5ml.
My Spathoglottis Freckle Face is spiking. There are 3 spikes! This is the most successful Spathoglottis I had. The Spathoglottis Twin Color and a purple hybrid do not flower as frequently. The worst is the purple hybrid. Wonder why given the same treatment. But, since I have no clue to it's genetic background, can't seem to tailor a routine for them.
Saw spikes coming off Mokara Sayara Red again and there's 2 of them! This is the 3rd spiking in 3 months from the same plant! It's sibling just 5 inches away has been sulking for 9 months! Also saw 2 spikes coming off the Rhyncovanda Colmarie as well. The Super-K seem to be doing it's job well now it's up to confidor to live up to it's reputation and keep the thrips at bay to allow the flowers to bloom to it's full glory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home